My Howrse

My Howrse

Pages

kolmapäev, 30. märts 2016

A bit about inbreeding

Hey!

It's been weeks again! It's just I don't really want to write here when I don't have "the pegasus" with me, otherwise the posts would have no spark in them :P So here we go...

Treasure Hunt began and yet again a big sigh when I saw the event. Again years of searching when I don't know the meaning of the word...why am I whining? Because actually I am enjoying that event. Somehow, one part of me finds this interesting. I would actually give this event 8/10, when Howrse releases the poll.

I have reached another big goal: my Trakehners reached 3000 GP! First one to be born with that number was Eiffel, he was followed by Enderman and Extraordinary, the latter already has 3300! Next goal is 4000 and I hope I will get there as fast as I reached 3000!

Now about a little mishap that happened to me...incest is kind of acceptable on Howrse, meaning that if you breed horses related to each other, it will not affect them in any different way than breeding non-related horses. I, however, still never breed closely related horses, so basically, none of my horses can't breed with each other because they descend from one mare.(E.g, all my Trakehners descend from Ebony, Tennessee Walkers from Garnet and so on. I won't breed e.g Trakehners with walkers, because they are of different breeds and I want to keep them pure. I hope you got it xD) But out of my own absent-mindedness I bred my uni Kismet to his own father Kiss Em and Leave Em and didn't notice until the very end of her pregnancy. Fortunately, the foal wasn't a uni, so I put him into SH. I don't really want to keep an inbred horse around, he wasn't a high skilled horse or anything special. RIP Kenny :c

I often see GP breeders inbreeding to get winners and it seems to work. Even my best horses that I haven't bred have been inbred, for example Amarita. Here I encourage you to comment your opinions about this topic, I am very intrigued to know them :)

My EC giveaway has been extended until the end of April, so feel free to enter! And don't forget to share the banner, posting it here once more, just in case :P

That's just about it! See you next time!
BHF

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar