My Howrse

My Howrse

Pages

teisipäev, 28. juuli 2015

1000 days on Howrse!

Today I reached the thousand. It came faster than I expected. Unbelievable, I've been playing Howrse for so long! And today, in honor of this day, I dedicate my blog post to history! I will tell you all about how did I find this game and how and when did it all start. Sit back and enjoy c;

On my profile, the registration day is 2011-03-15, which means I've been playing for a little more than four years. I would make it 5, because I had one account before it...

I remember when I started horse riding, I wanted to play all kinds of virtual horse games online too. So I spent days searching for them, making accounts and playing. My first serious play was on A Virtual Horse. I still have an account there, I last visited it a year ago :P It just is a tad too time consuming game in my opinion. At that time, it was 2010(if I remember right), I also found Howrse. I wanted to give it a go and made an account, as I had done with all of the appealing horse games out there.

When I registered, the game looked like this:

Picture courtesy of mrrx.wordpress.com

I don't remember almost anything from this time, I did have a palomino foal, cause, well, I still adore yellow horses :D I played it like a few days and then quit. I just got tired, like with many other games at that time.

A year later I somehow came back to that game, I just wanted to play again. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember the information of my first account and I created a new one. I have always struggled with usernames for my accounts and this time was no different. I did remember that a girl had a username HorseFreak on AVH and I decided to give it a go. It was taken, but it didn't take me long to come up with BigHorseFreak. And my account was born!

The site had gone through some major changes and horses had new looks too, remember these?

Picture courtesy of ultimatehowrse.blogspot.com

My first horse was a palomino overo Paint mare, who I named Reptos. When she reached 25 years, her health started decreasing, but I didn't know why did it happen at that time and I tought she was sick :P So I just sent her to Safe Haven to "end her pains". I regret it now and would still like to own my first horse. But I still always stroke her in the Safe Haven when she shows up, a good thing Howrse made this possible :)

My second horse was a Paint stallion named Lucky Strike, who I was forced to sell, because when you start out, it is easy to get low on budget. Suprisingly, he is still alive, name Lightning Dreams and owned by hockeyborch00. It's a great thing you haven't sent him to SH!

Throughout these years I have bred Irish Hunters, Shagya Arabians, Nokotas, and PSHs. I've also made stupid decisions as a beginner: I remember selling some RCs with 2000 equus! Holy moly! If I would have known better, I would right now probably still have them, as I usually give Philosopher's Stone to all my RCs.

And so has time passed with several pauses. I started this blog out quite early too, if I read old posts, I was breeding Irish Hunters back then, and I remember they were the first breed I bred seriously.

Here I want to thank people who have helped me even a tiny little bit in all those years. I know I have rarely asked for help, but still, are replies are appreciated. There have been people who have mailed me just congratulating how far I've made in this game. Big thanks to you too!

And now a one last funny story:
I clearly remember getting Jade, my first and only Divine. It was a stormy winter evening and the promotion for Jade in Horns of Plenty was on, and as always, I wanted to give it a go! I bought one, opened it and there was...Jade! And boom! The electricity shut down at the very next moment. What a perfect timing! I was just getting excited! It was quite a hard snowstorm outside and the electricity was down for two hours. When I returned next day, Jade was already in my stable. I remember being very frustrated all that evening because I couldn't go and see her!

Thanks for reading! I hope I'll last for another 1000 days and more!
Sincerely yours,
BHF

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar